Shalom and welcome!
- Secure Hardware: Power analysis and other hardware attacks and countermeasures on cryptographic devices; Low-resource cryptographic constructions for lightweight computers such as RFID tags.
- Cryptography in the real world: Consumer and voter privacy in the digital era; Web application security
Here are the various social networks I have a profile on:
*new!* A Secure Supply-Chain RFID System that Respects your Privacy
||IEEE Pervasive Computing (to appear)|
*new!* HTML5 - is it good for your battery? (Hint: yes)
||Unofficial Technical Report, 2013|
|Range Extension Attacks on Contactless Smart cards||European Symposium on Research in Computer Security (ESORICS), 2013|
|On the Effectiveness of the Remanence Decay Side-Channel to Clone Memory-based PUFs||Workshop on Cryptographic Hardware and Embedded Systems (CHES), 2013|
|Practical Template-Algebraic Side Channel Attacks with Extremely Low Data Complexity||Workshop on Hardware and Architectural Support for Security and Privacy (HASP), 2013|
|Algebraic Side-Channel Analysis Beyond the Hamming Weight Leakage Model||Workshop on Cryptographic Hardware and Embedded Systems (CHES), 2012|
|RFID Jamming and Attacks on Israeli e-Voting||European Conference on Smart Objects, Systems and Technologies (Smart SysTech), 2012|
|Tolerant Algebraic Side-Channel Analysis of AES||IACR Cryptology ePrint Archive, Report 2012/092, 2012|
|Toward Practical Public Key Anti-Counterfeiting for Low-Cost EPC Tags||5th International IEEE Conference on RFID, 2011|
|Algebraic Side-Channel Analysis in the Presence of Errors||Workshop on Cryptographic Hardware and Embedded Systems (CHES), 2010|
|RFID-Based Electronic Voting: What Could Possibly Go Wrong?||4th International IEEE Conference on RFID, 2010|
|Relay Attacks on RFID-Based Electronic Voting Systems||IACR Cryptology ePrint Archive, Report 2009/422, 2009|
|A Low-Resource Public-Key Identification Scheme for RFID Tags and Sensor Nodes||2nd ACM Conference on Wireless Network Security (WiSec), 2009|
|WIPR — Public Key Identification on Two Grains of Sand||4th Workshop on RFID Security (RFIDSec), 2008|
Remote Power Analysis of RFID Tags
Master's Thesis, later posted to IACR Cryptology ePrint Archive as Report 2007/330, 2007
How Not to Protect PCs from Power Analysis
CRYPTO 2006 Rump Session
Remote Password Extraction from RFID
||IEEE Transactions on Computers Volume 56, Issue 9 (September 2007)|
Other Academic Achievements
- News of our attack on the Israeli e-voting system is making the news - please check out Avishai's RFID page for the latest information.
- If you like security and cookies, perhaps you'd like to join us every Sunday
at the Security Theater
- Initial results regarding power analysis attacks against RFID tags were announced by Adi Shamir at the RSA Conference 2006. Here is the official web page describing these attacks.
- You can watch an online version of a talk about action recognition which I gave together with Moshe Blank at the Advanced Topics in Computer Vision course in 2005.
- You can also see the talk about Shannon's contributions to cryptography which I gave together with Gilad Tsur at Moni Naor's Key Papers in Computer Science course in 2006.
My primary non-academic achievements are my incredible kids Yair, Renana, Dvir and Talia Bat-Zion. Here are some pictures of us:
My employer for 9 years, Proxy Software Systems, went
bankrupt in late 2008. I put up a little tribute page.